20 Aug 2016
Planning a Romantic Honeymoon
10 Tips for Creating Honeymoon Intimacy
- Choose a new destination. Romance is adventure! Visiting a place that is undiscovered is bound to create a setting that is filled with excitement and intrigue.
- Reserve the honeymoon suite, even if it is just for one night. Couples never forget the wonderful feeling of being pampered the first night of the rest of their lives together.
- Transform the room into a lovers’ retreat with special touches that add warmth. A soft satin sheet to curl up in, the scent of a fragrant candle, and fresh flowers create a relaxing, pleasurable atmosphere.
- Bring music. It sets the mood and forever recaptures special moments. Choose tapes or CD’s for daytime and evening romance, slow dancing, nature hikes and walks on the beach.
- Add candlelight. Most people feel more alluring by the soft glow of candlelight. Pack a variety of candles for indoor and outdoor use.
- Keep a journal. Take turns writing a few thoughts and feelings about each day together. Ten years from now the journal will be priceless. Pick up mementos, such as seashells or matchbook covers, for keeping memories alive.
- Plan a moonlit picnic together and share some private time in a natural setting. Pack a few goodies…a bottle of sparkling water or wine, French bread, cheese, candles and soft music. Gaze at the stars and start planning your life together.
- Surprise him! Turn the bathroom into a luxurious spa with a hot bubble bath, music, candlelight, and a bottle of champagne.
- Watch the sunset together. Choose a different location every evening, and don’t forget to take a picture to record how each day ended.